We know that we feel wonderful after we complete our postures, breathing and meditations. So why is it that we still need incentive for making our yoga practice a habit?
Here are some of my tried and true recommendations that may help you return to your home practice again and again:
- Make it enjoyable – enhance your space with flowers or candles
- Find your inner teacher – listen to your body and select poses that speak to you
- KISS – keep it simple (silly) – pick only a few postures for each session
- Get assistance – besides classes, texts and audio recordings make good encouragement tools
- Set a timer – begin with 10 minutes/day then slowly add time as your practice develops
- Use music – this sets a mood and can add a soothing quality
- Practice with a friend – once in a while make a pact to meet and share ideas
Feel free to share your tips (or tricks)!